Spiritual Pilgrimage?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuckNolan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChuckNolan

Has anyone ever gone on a spiritual pilgrimage in order to re-focus on the Lord, possibly traveling to a holy site or anything similiar??

Please tell stories fi the answe is yes, thanks.

Years ago (in my teens so long long ago !!) I went on a weekend retreat which is not the same as a pilgrimage to a Shrine or Holy place. This really did strenthen my faith. I would love to go to Lourdes and hope this is possible in my lifetime, I would also love to go to the Vatican, but don’t see any immediate way to be able to do that. I’d also love to see the birth place of Christ Jesus and where he spent His ministry on earth, I don’t see a way to do that either presently, taking all this into account one day at a sale at a neighbouring parish I found a video of the Holy Lands ‘The Homeland of Jesus’. Funny how things happen!! It’s a wonderful video and I really felt as though I had been there, if that makes sense. I suppose we are exactly where the Lord wants us to be and I accept that wholely. God Bless you xxxx

Countless number of faithful make a spiritual retreat each year. The Order priests are very good at this. They even have “Silent” retreats. They have a great mother-daughter retreat out on the west coast.

May God bless all those who sacrifice some worldly trips for a spiritual one.
Deacon Tony SFO

Going on a spiritual pilgrimage is a wonderful way to deepen your relationship with the Lord. Some places that I have visited include the Shrine of Our Lady of LaSallettte near Dartmouth College in New Hampshire and the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes near my home when I lived in Cleveland, OH. My husband and I are campus ministers and we take our students on Catholic Road Trips. We have gone to the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and the Franciscan Monestary in DC. The Franciscan Monestary is nice because it has replicas of the shrines in the Holy Land. It is nice because you can visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, or the Church of the Nativity without the cost or danger associated with visiting these places. This year we are going to the John Paul II Center.👍

I suppose you either have the money to make a pilgrimage or you don’t it isn’t about just not being bothered to spend the money you have on it. Some people don’t have the money to spend at all per say xx God Bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back