Spirituality as a meaning

• Thread starter Thread starter Apathy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Apathy

I’ve often contemplated the exact meaning as to why it is as a culture we seek spirituality.
Is it nessesary for existance?
Is it to prove that there is some meaning?
Is it impacted when social taboos become culturally normative?
Is it a matter of perception or is it a static variable?
Knowing that you are a spiritual being in claim of justice and higher values does this make you more apprehensive to conduct unethical actions? or perhaps would you say it has no impact whatsoever.
Does Sigmund Freud prove a point with his views of there being a repressed mind when dealing with faith and spirituality?

I would like opinions expressed from everyones perspective.

Well, I"ll take the obvious perspective. The law of God is written on our hearts. We inherently know there is a higher power out there. Non-religious spirituality is the result of those seeking God who intellectually try to deny him.

JOsh

40.png
threej_lc:
Well, I"ll take the obvious perspective. The law of God is written on our hearts. We inherently know there is a higher power out there. Non-religious spirituality is the result of those seeking God who intellectually try to deny him.

JOsh
The perspective was obvious for me at a young age but lately I have come to at odds with what is and what is meant to be.

I myself do not seek solace and meaning from any religion or sect of ideology.

I observe the objective reality and marvel in it’s complexities of that which we will never fully understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back