St. Francis & Dr. D. James Kennedy

  • Thread starter Thread starter J.R
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J.R

Guest
Being a Catholic I also like listening to Christian radio. While listening to Dr. Kennedy’s radio show, “Truths That Transform”, yesterday his message was on miracles. He stated that miracles attributed St. Francis are not backed up by any records. I know that being a Catholic it is faith that I believe in his miracles. The reason I bring this up I have also been made aware of another time that he stated that St. Patrick was never even a Catholic. This I also find disturbing. Is this man ignorant or prejudice?
 
It’s both ignorance and prejudice at their worst. Why bother to listen to such a man? Just because someone calls himself a Christian and talks a good game doesn’t mean a thing if this is the level of his “learning” and truthfulness. :rolleyes:
 
Being a Catholic I also like listening to Christian radio. While listening to Dr. Kennedy’s radio show, “Truths That Transform”, yesterday his message was on miracles. He stated that miracles attributed St. Francis are not backed up by any records. I know that being a Catholic it is faith that I believe in his miracles. The reason I bring this up I have also been made aware of another time that he stated that St. Patrick was never even a Catholic. This I also find disturbing. Is this man ignorant or prejudice?
I don’t know if he is ignorant or prejudiced, but he is correct. Many of St. Francis’s miracles are only recorded in the writings of St. Thomas Celano. The Catholic Church however never requires anyone to believe in any specific miracle, excepting those found in scripture. It does require that Catholics believe that miracles can occur however.
 
I’ve listened to Dr. Kennedy off & on for years. He is biased against Catholicism, but many of his sermons are okay. I’ve caught him in only a few blantant errors. Tho I haven’t listened to him in over a year. He may have gotten worse!
 
I’ve listened to Dr. Kennedy off & on for years. He is biased against Catholicism, but many of his sermons are okay. I’ve caught him in only a few blantant errors. Tho I haven’t listened to him in over a year. He may have gotten worse!
Bonnie, I agree with 100%. He does give good sermans and he is a gifted orator but I feel guilty for listening to him when he gives false information. I guess that is why I’m speaking out about him in this forum, that way more people may be made aware of his bias and not support him in any way, financially or morally.
 
What I’ve come to see from Dr. Kennedy is that he can be very well informed on some issues and completely in the dark in others. He can be somewhat dangerous in that because he is obviously intelligent well studied you may not notice when he’s speaking about something he doesn’t understand.

I’ve seen him do this with some Christian history and he also buys into some of the urban legends that some Evangelicals got caught up in during the eighties. Stuff like secret satanic cults and such. It can be really strange because as much time as he obviously puts into study he should really know better on some things.

His bias on Catholicism I think is exactly that. I’ve heard him make praising remarks about The Church before and often he will try to be fair. Still I guess we have to keep in mind that he is a Calvanist and so his support can really only go so far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top