St. Francis Xavier, miracle worker

• Thread starter Thread starter nordskoven
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nordskoven

Hundreds of thousands of people are venerating the relics of St. Francis Xavier on his December 3 feast day. Francis Xavier, born in Portugal, was one of the founding members of the Society of Jesus. This holy priest was a paragon of mission activity, and traversed India and Japan, making converts by preaching the Gospel in action and word.

St. Francis Xavier had been the object of attack regarding verification of miracles by saints, with the skeptics dismissing them as mere legend. But in his own lifetime there are records of people being astounded by St. Francis Xavier’s wonders, including raising people from the dead, turning seawater fresh, curing breast cancer and grievous leg lesions instantly. God is glorified in His saints. May St. Francis bring God’s blessings of mercy and grace to us.

**+ St. Francis Xavier, faithful priest of the Order of Melchizedek, bring souls to the love of Abba Father, the peace of Jesus Christ, and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter. May the Most Holy Trinity glorify your faithful witness, St. Francis Xavier, with continuing prodigies of life and health of body, mind and soul for all who invoke your tender intercession, blessing especially priests, all for the honor and glory of the Most High. AMEN **

My Confirmation name is Ignatius [of Loyola]. St Francis Xavier may have been Ignatius’ first convert.

I read That when St. Francis waded ashore in India children greeted him. St. Frances talked to them in their own language and called their fathers by the fathers names. He was welcomed!

I have been praying to the founders of the Society of Jesus to help bring their order back into alignment with the Magisterium of the Church.

Lord have mercy on me, a sinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back