St. Josemaria on the Assumption

• Thread starter Thread starter Red_Meg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red_Meg

There is a lovely homily by St. Josemaria Escriva, given on the Feast of the Assumption (sorry, I couldn’t locate the year) online at
escrivaworks.org/book/christ_is_passing_by/contents/17

A brief quote, just to whet your appetite: 🙂

Our mother is a model of correspondence to grace. If we contemplate her life, our Lord will give us the light we need to divinize our everyday existence. Throughout the year when we celebrate feasts dedicated to Mary and frequently on other days, we Christians can think of the Virgin. If we take advantage of these moments, trying to imagine how she would conduct herself in our circumstances, we will make steady progress. And in the end we will resemble her, as children come to look like their mother.

First, let us imitate her love. Charity cannot be content with just nice feelings; it must find its way into our conversations and, above all, into our deeds. The Virgin did not merely pronounce her fiat; in every moment she fulfilled that firm and irrevocable decision. So should we. When God’s love gets through to us and we come to know what he desires, we ought to commit ourselves to be faithful, loyal — and then be so in fact. Because “not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.”

Happy Feast Day!!!

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing that…St. Josemaria love Our Lady so very much…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back