St Jude?

• Thread starter Thread starter Cath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Jude intercedes on behalf of those in impossible situations. I’m not sure why it is so powerful, i just know it has hlped my family for gernerations.

St. Jude was a cousin of Jesus and an Apostle. He carried the Holy Image to others and so is closely associated with Our Lord in a most direct way. Perhaps that is why he is so powerful a saint. Read here for more information about him: St. Jude

40.png
Della:
St. Jude was a cousin of Jesus and an Apostle. He carried the Holy Image to others and so is closely associated with Our Lord in a most direct way. Perhaps that is why he is so powerful a saint. Read here for more information about him: St. Jude
That is the only thing I can think of too. The prayers of the righteous are particularly strong, and since Jude was so close to Jesus, it would stand to reason that his intercession on our behalf are particularly potent. Patron saint of hopeless causes, purity and those in poverty…St. Jude pray for us!!!

The prayer I say to Saint Jude begins like this:

“Glorious Apostle Saint Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases and of things depaired of…”

I think his association with hopeless and impossible situations is tied to his namesake, Judas, the traitor. Everybody knows who Judas is, but few know of Saint Jude. If you are a person worthy of recognition and praise, yet are forever overshadowed by somebody else of ill-repute, you might consider that a hopeless situation.

Hi,

As the story goes, few people asked for St. Jude’s intercession because they confused him with Judas. He was so eager to intercede for people that even those with totally hopeless causes received help if they remembered to ask him for it.

Hope this helps,

Jim

40.png
msproule:
the Church invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases and of things depaired of…"
I say the prayer to St. Jude every morning, and I just wanted to mention that the wording is actually “and of things almost despaired of…”

This is because, as we know, to despair is actually a sin! 🙂

Scotty PGH:
I just wanted to mention that the wording is actually “and of things almost despaired of…”
My prayer card omits the “almost”. However, I do agree with you.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back