st. thomas

• Thread starter Thread starter philjane
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philjane

how come st. thomas the apostle did not have a feast day today, it was a memorial day for him & most apostles do have a feast day

The table at the beginning of my Liturgy of the Hours says it is a feast. Where did you see it was a memorial?

As far as I know it’s a feast day in Canada.

It’s listed as a feast in the General Roman Calendar and it isn’t mentioned at all in the Canadian Bishops’ supplement to the Liturgy of the Hours that I have that lists additions and differences between Canadian and general celebrations.

(For some Apostles we celebrate Solemnities, like last weeks Solemnity of Sts Peter and Paul. I think Barnabas is the only Apostle with a memorial instead of a feast.)

40.png
drforjc:
The table at the beginning of my Liturgy of the Hours says it is a feast. Where did you see it was a memorial?

I am from Canada & it stated in our monthly missal that it was a memorial day—i asked my priest & he said that it was a feast day so i phoned the company that puts out the missals & they said that they would send the information to the right department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back