Stance on fear // new job

• Thread starter Thread starter andersr915
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andersr915

So, Im in a bit of a situation I’m meditating on, but because my spiritual life still needs some aid, I thought I would come here to maybe get a better sense of how Jesus would answer my question.

I just had to resign from a job recently because of some scheduling issues, so now I’m on Indeed browsing for jobs that perhaps may be an answer for where the Lord would want me to go next. Right now, as far as pay, availability and my own work experience (which isnt much), ive narrowed it down to two jobs. One is a hiring event for warehouse workers which promises exceptionally high pay, but the event isn’t for a week or so, and I don’t know if I’ll even get hired. The other is a job for a furniture moving company. The pay is the highest I’ve seen, but the thing is, travel has been a bit of an issue for me. You see, going to school on the bus was difficult for me because I have a spontaneously bad stomach, and this causes some anxiety for long trips. Basically, I have fear over the idea that I may freak out while the job is just starting and just waste everyone’s time. Jesus tells us, do not be afraid. In fact, he commands us. And while I can just not go for the job, I feel as if im running from unjust fear thats just going to get worse if I don’t confront it. What I see is perhaps, if I don’t at least try to deal with this, I’ll have to answer for it at my judgement. I want to be able to say i had the utmost trust in the Lord, and while this seems pretty meaningless if not greedy to being going for a potential $30 an hour pay, I feel like if I don’t take this job, I worry when I die, Jesus will ask me that heartbreaking question. “Why did you not trust in me?”. I have no excuse. Does this seem like scruples acting up or an actual thing I need to deal with. I can face my family, my peirs, and all around me with Jesus and at least have the courage to say above all else, I love him and I trust in his word. Would not doing this deliberately be giving into the sin of fear?

Last edited:
Does this seem like scruples acting up or an actual thing I need to deal with
Scruples is an actual thing and needs to be dealt with. In addition to whatever else needs to be dealt with of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back