Stealing small items and restitution

• Thread starter Thread starter Kitty
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kitty

okay, let’s say I’ve stolen someone’s pencil case during school and months after that all I have left of the item is a sharpener and everything else is just gone. If I were to confess this will it be necessary to return the sharpener? Even if you don’t really know the person, or it is hard to get in contact with the person at school, will it be absolutely necessary to return it or should I just give it away so it is not in my possession anymore?

Also, at school in the sixth grade when we were given chargers for our iPads, and at school I’ve lost the adapter for the charger. I realized this when class ended and when everybody was leaving class I found an abandoned adapter on a desk and decided to take it. I knew it probably wouldn’t be a big deal because chargers were given that day and they probably had extras. It’s been a year since that happened and I’m wondering if I would have to return the adapter somehow, because I need it to charge my schools iPad.

What happens if a young child steals merchandise from a school event (like the book fair) and years later they have matured and realized that they don’t have that particular stolen merchandise anymore or it has been used? As an older person do they have an obligation to do something about it, and if they did not/can not, would it be sinful?

What do y’all think about this?

@Kitty, this is your 3rd thread about stolen items, you need to talk to your parents and talk to a priest in confession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back