Stories of Healing

• Thread starter Thread starter Zarozinnia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zarozinnia

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone out there have any personal stories that they would like to share of a healing? I get inspired by personal anecdotes I read in books, and thought I’d ask here on the discussion board.

Thanks!

I have a friend who was raised Catholic, but no longer believes in God at all. When he was in high school, his mom died from cancer. He prayed and prayed for healing, but there was no miracle, and she died. He doesn’t believe in God because he can’t accept that a benevolent, omnipotent God would let his mom die like that.

My point is that people need to be careful about healing miracles. On rare occasions, God does heal people miraculously, but more often than not, people are not healed via miracle. We can’t know why God heals some and allows others to suffer and/or die.

Encouraging people to pray for healing can be dangerous at times. Sometimes they will end up mad at God and, like my friend, will stop believing in Him altogether.

40.png
Benedictus:
I have a friend who was raised Catholic, but no longer believes in God at all. When he was in high school, his mom died from cancer. He prayed and prayed for healing, but there was no miracle, and she died. He doesn’t believe in God because he can’t accept that a benevolent, omnipotent God would let his mom die like that.

My point is that people need to be careful about healing miracles. On rare occasions, God does heal people miraculously, but more often than not, people are not healed via miracle. We can’t know why God heals some and allows others to suffer and/or die.

Encouraging people to pray for healing can be dangerous at times. Sometimes they will end up mad at God and, like my friend, will stop believing in Him altogether.
The most important healing, is “Spiritual Healing.” One must remember that. The poster did not say…“physical healing”, although perhaps that was the main intent. While one should couch the subject carefully, there is no need to stifle God’s healing power, just because someone is not happy.

Your friend is on a journey. We shall pray he get’s the healing he needs…not the one he wanted. Meantime, I see no reason people should not share their healing stories. They owe “Our Lord an awful lot of praise and Glory” for it. Not to tell it just because someone might be unhappy with their own lot, would sure be a waste and frankly a dishonor to God.

40.png
Benedictus:
A miracle is just that–a miracle–an act or event that breaks the laws of nature, and is therefore thought to be caused by the intervention of God or another supernatural force. If it happened every day, it wouldn’t be a miracle.

So there are 2 points to remember.
You can pray for healing of any malady- physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. It doesn’t need to be a desperate situation, where a miracle is needed. God can and does help us any time we ask, but sometimes not as we ask.

When you encourage someone to pray for healing NEVER guarantee that they will be healed of a terminal illness. We will never know why God heals some and not others until we see Him to ask. But do encourage people to pray for healing, and trust in God to help them get through whatever they are suffering. God never promised us that we would not suffer, but He did promise to help us through our suffering.

SuZ

I was praying for my family when God healed me of a neck injury and gave me a vision of His resurection Glory. My brother was healed at the annual gathering at the Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation in Carey, Ohio. He had serious disableling arthritis 25 years ago and was healed completely with no reaccurance. God Bless

I often worship in the Charismatic style, and attend many Healing Masses which are followed by Prayers for Healing, as well as other Catholic Healing services and Prayers for Healing.

This was a wittness I gave.
I have had disc problems and back pain most of my life. In the beginning of February, 2001, I learned I would need disc surgery and the surgeon said it would be a complicated and difficult procedure. I went for numerous x-rays & tests with delays in between. Each delay would cause anxiety, but I know all the prayers said for me & over me were the most important aspect of the healing. The prayers gave me the peace of the Spirit, and relief from pain so I could function during the wait. When the surgery was rescheduled and delayed for a week after I had waited five-hours in the hospital, I was really strung out, and had serious doubts.

The night before the rescheduled surgery, I asked Msgr Jeff to pray over me. After prayer, I realized that my human anxiety was covered in the blanket of the peace and love of the Spirit and held in check. By the morning, even before I had any medication, I was joking with the surgeon and anesthesiologist. The last thing I remember before going under was the incredible peace of the Spirit in my heart and the joy of Holy Laughter on my lips. I truly understood Holy Laughter.

After the surgeon had made the incision, he spent over an hour examining the disc with a microscope. He said the disc was so large and encapsulated that he feared it might be a tumor. He did not want to dissect it, if it was a tumor, in case of a malignancy, and to remove it whole would have meant severing the nerves, which would have paralyzed my left leg. After calling 2 colleagues out of surgery for consultation, he performed a microscopic dissection to remove the disc in pieces and free the nerves, which had become tangled in the disc. The surgery took over five hours, but I was walking 6 hours later with minimal pain. The surgeon (Dr Camins, who had operated on Dennis Byrd who was paralyzed on the football field) just kept saying, “You don’t know how difficult it was.” Praise You & Thank You, Jesus, I was healed physically by the guidance of the Spirit over the eyes and hands of the surgeon, and emotionally through the love and prayers of dear friends.

But that wasn’t the end —Three weeks after that, my husband had emergency by-pass surgery. Thank God, he came through it beautifully, and is recovered nicely. But unfortunately, I rushed my recuperation to visit and care for him, and was left with a sharp pain in my back. I couldn’t function without narcotic pain medication. Again I asked Msgr Jeff to pray specifically on that area of pain. The pain left that day, and never returned. Praise and Thank You Jesus for these healings, and for all the healing I have received over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back