Strange experience receiving Eucharist

• Thread starter Thread starter RichT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichT

The other night I went to mass to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. It was a beautiful mass, and I was really taken back by the readings, the music, and the overall reverence in which it was celebrated. I found myself in tears just before receiving the Eucharist, which is not unusual for me. The strange thing is that after receiving the Precious Blood, I spontaneously gasped for air. It felt as though I was taking my first breath. I felt a presence of some sort enter me through that breath. It was a very comforting experience, yet strange. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? I have no doubt it was the Holy Spirit, perhaps saying hello to me, perhape just letting me know He was there. Quite incredible.

:cool:

Have you read St. John of the Cross or St. Teresa of Avila? (See www.icspublications.org). They have written a lot about the paths of progress in the spiritual life. I’m not finding it but I think St. John suggests that one ought to ignore these kinds of things. Anyway, they are both Doctors of the universal Church, so dive in, the waters are safe and warm.

That has happened to me before, I considered it a major grace given.It was awsome!God Bless You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back