Struggling with alcoholism and fear

  • Thread starter Thread starter Molly_Malone
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Molly_Malone

Guest
My alcoholism has gotten out of control and has led me to make mistake after mistake throughout the past year. My poor mother is on the route to being the next St. Monica after all I have put her through. By day I am a devoted Catholic young woman with an exciting job, making an impressive salary for someone my age. I am intelligent, spiritual, passionate about my health, my faith, volunteering, reading, running, etc. By night I am a wild animal. I really just want to talk to someone. Are there any suggestions for finding a good counselor or finding a priest who is willing to chat?
 
Check out some of the Groups here- like Christians Living a life of sobriety. We can open up a bit more about addiction and stay off the main forums.

God Bless you. It takes a lot of faith and work. It can be done- I’m proof.
 
If you are really serious about your drinking then I recommend going to rehab. Most programs are about 28 days, and are company paid.
If that is not possible, then a series of A.A. meetings would be the next step. 90 meetings in 90 days is the usual recommendation.
I have been clean and sober for 28 years. (one day at a time).
This initial step is still prayer. If you are serious, get on your knees,and ask God for help.
I have been doing that for 28 years, and It works.
I have the feeling that you need to “GOYA”, if you don’t know what that means, ask someone at your next A.A. meeting, they will be glad to tell you.
I will be praying for you.
Mitch
 
Get a counselor specializing in addictions. I wouldn’t wait till you find a priest, friend etc…they are not equipped to help. Go to confession regularly. Only you can do this.
 
My alcoholism has gotten out of control and has led me to make mistake after mistake throughout the past year. My poor mother is on the route to being the next St. Monica after all I have put her through. By day I am a devoted Catholic young woman with an exciting job, making an impressive salary for someone my age. I am intelligent, spiritual, passionate about my health, my faith, volunteering, reading, running, etc. By night I am a wild animal. I really just want to talk to someone. Are there any suggestions for finding a good counselor or finding a priest who is willing to chat?
Do you see the contradiction in what I have put in red?

I am glad that you recognize your problem. Now you must do something about it. Don’t delay by pondering how to find a good counselor, just make an appointment and get the ball rolling. You sound like an intelligent, thoughtful person. Please, do this for yourself today.
 
Molly Malone;
My alcoholism has gotten out of control and has led me to make mistake after mistake throughout the past year.
Welcome to the forum, and you certainly come with a challenging issue, my dad died an alcoholic, he could not cope with issues in his life.

Are you drinking to try and hide some dark event. There is the need to be honest with yourself

Blessings

Eric
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top