P
patmickd01
Guest
Hi, all! I have a weird moral issue and also a prayer request.
I am in Home mortgage lending. In my line of work, I have a habit of stretching the truth to clients. Whether it is saying what the status of a file, when it can expect to close or whether a file is even going to be approved. Granted, alot of this is out of my control as I am not the one who ultimately makes the decision (our credit underwriters do). But I feel like I am giving people false hope and not doing my due diligence.
Some moral guidance would be appreciated and maybe some practical tips for not letting this happen again and for how to deal with the shame.
Thanks,
I am in Home mortgage lending. In my line of work, I have a habit of stretching the truth to clients. Whether it is saying what the status of a file, when it can expect to close or whether a file is even going to be approved. Granted, alot of this is out of my control as I am not the one who ultimately makes the decision (our credit underwriters do). But I feel like I am giving people false hope and not doing my due diligence.
Some moral guidance would be appreciated and maybe some practical tips for not letting this happen again and for how to deal with the shame.
Thanks,