Study of Ezekiel!

  • Thread starter Thread starter COPLAND_3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

COPLAND_3

Guest
This is a book that is not easy to understand. It is going to be covered through the Daily Mass Readings very soon, and I have already begun to do research on it. I have got the first Ezekiel reading done, here is the link, check it out! litteralchristianlibrary.wetpaint.com/page/Aug.+11

The insights and commentary come from the Early Church Fathers and Doctors of the Church. It has a lot in common with Revelation 4, though I don’t believe it is exatly the same thing, just very similar.
 
Awesome man! Thanks! I’ve been reading through a few chapters of Ezekiel slowly. (and I’m a fast reader). It’s pretty cool as far as symbolism like in revelation but a little hard to understand fully. I was looking for a bible study book or something to try to wrap my mind around it more. This is good for Free. 🙂
 
Depending on your level of interest and desire for knowledge, you might consider picking up the Jewish Study Bible. It’s in the $22 range. Editors are Adele Berlin and Marc Zvi Brettler, Oxford University Press.

I got it for reference and I’ve only browsed it lightly so far. I intend to consult this when I get into studying the prophets.

One or two key phrases about Ezechiel from their introduction. He was both a priest and a prophet who witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem in 586 BC and experienced the early part of the Babylonian exile. It’s very theologically challenging and has difficult and bizarre passages, according to them.

As I page through Ezechiel, their study bible has copious footnotes, if that may indicate the potential value to anybody’s study.
 
Depending on your level of interest and desire for knowledge, you might consider picking up the Jewish Study Bible. It’s in the $22 range. Editors are Adele Berlin and Marc Zvi Brettler, Oxford University Press.

I got it for reference and I’ve only browsed it lightly so far. I intend to consult this when I get into studying the prophets.

One or two key phrases about Ezechiel from their introduction. He was both a priest and a prophet who witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem in 586 BC and experienced the early part of the Babylonian exile. It’s very theologically challenging and has difficult and bizarre passages, according to them.

As I page through Ezechiel, their study bible has copious footnotes, if that may indicate the potential value to anybody’s study.
Interesting. I would think a Jewish bible study would have a lot to add but perhaps may be lacking in areas that Christ fulfilled (Like Isaiah) and perhaps the connection with the book of Revelation as some symbology is extremely similar. But yes, To understand a lot of the Old Testament one most have a good knowledge of the Jews and tradition. Interesting, I might pick up a Jewish bible study for the more historical books.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top