Succession of Bishops?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpazo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Harpazo

Guest
Does anyone know of a way to see which Bishops came from which original Apostle? I know they’re all supposed to be successors of the original 12. This would be a great witness to Non-Catholic Christians.

I’ve seen a list of the Popes all the way back to St. Peter. It would be really cool to see such a thing. Does anyone know where I could find it, if such a list exists?

In Pax Christi
Andrew
 
Does anyone know of a way to see which Bishops came from which original Apostle? I know they’re all supposed to be successors of the original 12. This would be a great witness to Non-Catholic Christians.

I’ve seen a list of the Popes all the way back to St. Peter. It would be really cool to see such a thing. Does anyone know where I could find it, if such a list exists?

In Pax Christi
Andrew
William A. Jurgens puts out a three volume set entitled “The Faith of the Early Fathers”. Volume one starts out with St. Ignatius of Antioch. (d.A.D.107) He was the third bishop of Antioch after St. Evodius, who was the immediate successor of Saint Peter. He was also a hearer of the Apostle John. I’m sure that there are other books but I’ve used these many times while sharing my faith with non Catholics. It’s very hard to see these bishops as protestants.🙂 Hope this helps a little. God Bless You.
 
Does anyone know of a way to see which Bishops came from which original Apostle? I know they’re all supposed to be successors of the original 12. This would be a great witness to Non-Catholic Christians.

I’ve seen a list of the Popes all the way back to St. Peter. It would be really cool to see such a thing. Does anyone know where I could find it, if such a list exists?

In Pax Christi
Andrew
Patriarchs of Constantinople
Patriarchs of Alexandria
Patriarchs of Antioch
Patriarchs of Jerusalem
Patriarchs of Babylon
Patriarchs of Armenia
And of course Bishops of Rome
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top