Succession of the popes

  • Thread starter Thread starter zorrox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zorrox

Guest
Is there a teaching (defined) that there will always be successors on the Throne of St Peter?

I looked through Pastor Aeternus but I could not find it.

Anyone knows where it is found?🙂
 
Matthew 16

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, 13 and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 14 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
 
Thanks for the info.🙂

But the thing I sought was the teaching that there will always be popes in the Church until Christ returns.

Somehow I thought it was in Pastor Aeternus from Vatican I but I could not spot it.:confused: :

Any advice?:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top