Suffering as prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teresa9

Dear friend

My aunt’s grandson has leukimia, he is 5 years old and at present is in deep chemotherapy, this is a hard time for his immediate family as well.

Cancer affects 1 in 3 people. I lost my own father to cancer and my great-grandfather and my grandmother and three friends. There is such a prayer in suffering, not only from serious illness like cancer but also any physical or mental suffering. The extremely sick have such power to help us! Isn’t that amazing? That in their suffering and the way they suffer can enflame us in love of our Lord Jesus Christ and aid those who are not sick. In the face of pain and suffering is such peace and prayer.

What do you all think?

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with with confidence, I fly to you, O virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

the above prayer has been tied to miraclous events… you will find comfort and healing in its words…

Peace to you and yours in this stressful time in your lives 👍

Sounds like a vicitim soul? Have you heard of that Theresea? Jesus uses their sufferings to save souls, if you’ve heard of Josefa Menendez, she was a victim soul. THere are many others, I will look up stuff on this.

Blessings,
Kaily

Hi Teresa -

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I couldn’t agree with you more about suffering as prayer. My youngest son was diagnosed with cancer at 18 months . . . he just turned 6. His illness played a very large role in the deepening of my faith. In fact I shudder a bit at the thought of where I might still be spiritually were it not for his illness. In hindsight, one of my great joys from this time of suffering is seeing how the “fruits” of my deepened faith has extended to my wife and other children in their own spiritual lives. We are very different people today due to this experience.

Truely the Lord works in mysterious ways . . .

I agree DBT,

The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

I have a friend who found God through the death of her son. IT is a very sad case that she lost her son, but if she didn’t experience that pain, I don’t know where she would be with God, probably still very far from Him. It was after that that she sought Him.

God Bless

Through suffering Jesus allows us to participate in His passion and if used wisely enables remission of our sins and perhaps helps a soul of a family member in purgatory.

Yes, the Lord does work in mysterious ways. Before I moved to where I live now, I had one friend, and I was very lonely. I didn’t want to move for fear of not making any friends. And now, I know more poeple than I can count. Goodness, think of how many Christmas cards I am gonna need! But yes. Suffering is a great prayer. It is the ultimate prayer. Jesus suffered and died for us. Our suffering can never be compared to his great sacrifice. We can only hope that our feeble atempt to please God works!

I have lost an uncle to colon cancer, and and aunt to liver cancer. My grandma has gone throuch several cases of skin cancer. (she is fine and dandy and enjoying life to its fullest as a healthy Gma of 11.) I know how you all feel. God bless you!

Suffering as prayer is indeed a powerful concept…it is the means in which we are allowed to pick up our cross “daily” and follow Him.

I was at a communiion service awhile back and one of the attendees for a prayer intention ask that we pray for those suffering that their suffering be eliminated. It got me thinking a bit that maybe we should be praying for those who don’t have the “opportunity” to suffer.

Christ, through no physical or spiritual weakness of His own, chose to allow suffering, serious painful suffering…we’re going to suffer. Christ died on the cross…sooner or later we are all goin to die also…but Christ has given all of this meaning through his resurrection… a redemptive suffering if you will. We too will have the resurrection opportunity if we can stay the course.

Suffering can be our Purgatory

I will add you and your family to my prayer/rdemptive suffering list…God bless. hopefullly this will make a little sense

larry j:
Suffering as prayer is indeed a powerful concept…it is the means in which we are allowed to pick up our cross “daily” and follow Him.

I was at a communiion service awhile back and one of the attendees for a prayer intention ask that we pray for those suffering that their suffering be eliminated. It got me thinking a bit that maybe we should be praying for those who don’t have the “opportunity” to suffer.

Christ, through no physical or spiritual weakness of His own, chose to allow suffering, serious painful suffering…we’re going to suffer. Christ died on the cross…sooner or later we are all goin to die also…but Christ has given all of this meaning through his resurrection… a redemptive suffering if you will. We too will have the resurrection opportunity if we can stay the course.

Suffering can be our Purgatory

I will add you and your family to my prayer/rdemptive suffering list…God bless. hopefullly this will make a little sense
Dearest friend

You are right, no-one escapes suffering as we all die. How… is our destiny, but we all suffer in dying, none is exempt. Some suffer and do not die immediately and some suffer and are cured altogether, some suffer and suffer and suffer and then they die…all of these sufferings are redemptive.

In pain and bearing pain is a suffering that can be united with our Lord and that suffering when offered up brings much mercy upon humanity.

Thank you all and …any more thoughts on suffering, perhaps suffering in poverty, suffering in spirit, suffering in mental health as well as physical?

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Welllllllllll…you said what do you think,welllllllll I think one more thing…

I think that suffering can be a very lonely proposition and anything we can do to just “be there” for some is wonderful and blessed.

in that way we can join in their prayer of suffering.

all done thinkin now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back