Sundays during Lent...

• Thread starter Thread starter dumspirospero
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dumspirospero

Ok…for the longest time, I thought I had the handle on Sundays during Lent…I was positive they were for celebration of Jesus rising from the dead, and we are released from self-imposed lenten obligations during this period, such as if you gave up caffeinated beverages…then you could drink them. That is what I have always been told and believed…well, the other day, I was having a discussion with the Director of Adult Education at my Parish and he told me that this wasn’t the case, that we cannot indulge on anything we have chosen to give up during Lent…I was baffled, but coming from a man in his position it made me wonder. Who is right, me or him?

That is what I always thought and was told…maybe the Director for Adult ed was just messing with me…he is kind of a joker.
John Russell Jr:
Rules vary from place to place. But Sundays are exempt from the lenten observance. Jesus fasted for 40 days. And lent without the sundays is 40 days. Sundays are commemorations of the resurrection. You don’t fast when you’re celebrating. live it up on Sunday.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back