Surgical masks donations

• Thread starter Thread starter Emmacat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emmacat

I don’t know where else to put this question.

Of the four people living in our home, three of us are immunocompromised.

I have 20 surgical masks that I have had for awhile. my dilemma in this is that I have tried many times to sew and always fail dismally and I have already tried making the homemade masks with rubber bands and I can not get them to work without everyone saying they are suffocating. Should we use the 20 surgical masks or should we donate them to our local hospital? I don’t want to sin, and I know that the surgical masks only offer small protection, really the handmade cotten ones protect better, but the surgical masks do offer some protection and also offer protection to other people you come into contact with in case you are sick and don’t know it.

what do I do?

If the package is opened, then they won’t accept them anyway.

Don’t worry. It’s ok to keep them.

If the package is opened, then they won’t accept them anyway.

Don’t worry. It’s ok to keep them.
Just a bit of clarification, if you are donating medical stuff you’ll want to check with your local hospitals or government. My local government has said that they will accept open packages of face masks and such to distribute to the medical centers, but they can’t be used. There’s still a form and quality check to get through when you donate, but a package being open isn’t an immediate “no”.

Oh ok. Thanks. In my area they won’t accept open ones.

I know some areas that aren’t taking open ones nor the ones that people are making at home. So it’s all up in the air on what is acceptable for different areas.

Thank everyone for their answers. They are open and several have been used and thrown away already, so not a new box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back