Switching from COTT to CITH

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrushedByAngels
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have missed my post where I said after my ride home yesterday… I thought about everything you all were telling me and I felt if I did receive communion at the ACC then I will not be a faithful Catholic.

I go to daily mass (as often as I can) at the RCC so I never intended to leave… Just wasn’t crazy about no patens, no communion rails, EMHC, etc… makes me uncomfortable to receive communion in that manner (after a drop from a very elderly EMHC who couldnt see very well had no clue it even dropped) but I see how the ACC distribute communion and it appears to be more reverent. Just my opinion. 🤷
No, I didn’t miss that post. It was written right after (during the same post) you responded to my statement about being ambiguous. So, I reacted. I’m glad that you’re at peace with what you decided.
 
Oh well what can you do… society changes… progressively as they say 🤷
Big hug to you! It is frustrating - it helps to know you are not alone.

I use the logic of the self-styled reformers in reply: If society changes, it can keep changing. It can change back.

I am a believer in the power of complaining. Christ tells the parable about the lady who keeps pestering the unfair king, until she gets justice!

Send a letter to your priest, or to your bishop. You will feel better. They will feel worse! LOL! Perhaps your letter will be the one to prick their conscience. “Dost thou kick against the goad?”

Vatican II asked for your (name removed by moderator)ut. Well, I say feel free!

A paten consists of a brass plate with a wooden handle. They probably cost less than those doggie bowls with which the platoon of EMs are armed, when they descend on the flock in place of the priest.
 
A paten consists of a brass plate with a wooden handle. They probably cost less than those doggie bowls with which the platoon of EMs are armed, when they descend on the flock in place of the priest.
‘Doggie bowls’!!! I presume you mean open ciboria, which are to be precious metal.

‘Platoon’!!! Unnecessarily confrontational choice of word. Do you mean team?

‘In place of the priest’!!! Yes, in that the priest has asked them to help him. Do you object to the priest asking for help?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top