Syro Malabr Catholicos Bava

• Thread starter Thread starter Elvis_George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elvis_George

Shlama again to all! I just wanted to know what would be your thoughts the Syro Malabar church could have their own Catholicos Bava/ Patriakeese (Patriarch) Bava?

If the Chaldean Catholics have a Patriarch, shouldn’t we? In fact we have more people and a larger diaspora. I think this would be more fair for both churches to have a Patriarch and not just one

Please excuse my ignorance, but does “Shlama” mean “Peace”? It looks similar to al-Salaam (Arabic) and Shalom (Hebrew).

Size isn’t the issue, or the Ukrainians would have one.

It’s more a matter history.

Presumably, at some size, an EC/OC church would be raised to patriarchal status, but . . .

Already having one when coming into communion, as with the Melchites,helps . . .

Yes but We Syro Malabareans never wanted to be under the Latin Heirarchy. There where 3 efforts of reunion with the Chaldean Catholic,all of which failed. We never had a choice in anything per say, so history,I would say,shouldn’t be a factor

Shlama! May your church grow and convert all of India! That’s much more important than getting your own Patriarch. 🙂 God bless you.

But we are tho 🙂 . We are blessed with a plentitude of voccations and missionaries !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back