Table talk topics: why not religion?

• Thread starter Thread starter workinprogress
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

workinprogress

What kind of conversation topics, besides what members of the family did that day, what a nice day/bad weather it is outside or what needs to be done by the members, ought we to have–idle ones? Even in the other things, should not God be a part of the situation fairly often? If we talk at work, can we not at least bring up common moral values which humanity holds in its heart? How is this impolite speech? I’d say it is necessary speech (certain “attitude” used may be impolite and uncharitable though).
On the other hand, politics, the other impolite conversation topic, is idle in and of itself, I think, unless issues of morality of politician stands are discussed. We need to think of this stuff; to know God is watching with loving yet jealous (which can be as light as a dog licking you for attention when playing with the pet bird; not necessarily the anger of a cheated on spouse who kills the unrelated party (at least as long as we are living and graced by His divine mercy–just another perspective) eyes. It sounds extremist, but is it really? If we are to pray always, is this too much to make popular again?
Just a thought.

I have heard it said that one can discuss any topic except religion and politics. Speaking for myself, I think they are very nearly the only things worth talking about!

In my family, Religion and Politics are the MAIN staple of talk…for every right minded Christian knows they CANNOT and SHOULD NOT ever be separated.

second topic is what movies are on Dvd… 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back