Taking lost and found

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Dear Forum!

In the back of the Church, in the town where my school is, I went to pay a visit to Our LORD and On the back peg, was (I highly think) an antique mother of pearl rosary. I went to the Father in the Rectory, and I asked him if I could take it and go to confession. He went with me to the Church, Checked the Rosary out and said “yes, I could take it”. Then he heard my confession. So, He said again that I could take the Rosary. I did.

I think it was there for a while, but it was on the bulletin board peg, sort of like the lost and found Rosary peg. No one claimed it?? 🤷🤷🤷

Plus, Father said I could take it, so Have I stolen??
 
No, you have not stolen. First of all, Father, your parish priest who is the authority said you could remove an item from the Church. This item was left there by someone else though, so if you do know someone has lost a Rosary and that one could be theirs, you should promptly ask them if it is indeed the one you own.

Consider that you’re borrowing it, and if no one claims it then it is by the Grace of God, your Rosary to use for the praise and honour of Our glorious Lady, the Mother of God, and for the glory, praise, honour, adoration of Our blessed Lord, the Most Holy Trinity.
 
Dear Forum!

In the back of the Church, in the town where my school is, I went to pay a visit to Our LORD and On the back peg, was (I highly think) an antique mother of pearl rosary. I went to the Father in the Rectory, and I asked him if I could take it and go to confession. He went with me to the Church, Checked the Rosary out and said “yes, I could take it”. Then he heard my confession. So, He said again that I could take the Rosary. I did.

I think it was there for a while, but it was on the bulletin board peg, sort of like the lost and found Rosary peg. No one claimed it?? 🤷🤷🤷

Plus, Father said I could take it, so Have I stolen??
unless you believe Father is a complete and utter fool,why are you asking this ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top