S
Suscipiat2011
Guest
Hello All,
I have a specific problem, and although I hesitate creating another thread about this topic, I would like some specific help.
My brother and I are two years apart; I am currently 19 and he is 17. When he was, I suppose, 12 or so, he started getting into pornography, and with that, I can assume Masturbation. Soon through a series of events my parents discovered his problem, and they punished him by grounding him, taking away computer privileges, increased chores etc. But they really never got into the heart of the problem.
SInce then, he has continued, and has been discovered by my parents on several occasions, and was subsequently punished. During this time, my parents went through a separation and divorce.
For a while now, I have suspected that he has been getting into this again, but I did not have proof, until this morning when I saw his internet history. Since he is looking at pornography, I can only assume other impure actions are being committed.
I want to tell my parents, as I have been the one of informing them on every other occasion, but I am not sure I should this time. They have to know he has a problem, but they are not dealing with it, they only punish him.
I would like to to talk to him as a big brother, who has gone through this kind of thing before, (not pornography but other acts of impurity), but the problem is that he and I don’t have a great relationship. It seems we have been at enmity since our birth. I really want him to live a life of purity, not traveling down these paths, but he doesn’t seem to care, and no amount of punishment seems to help.
Considering our rocky history, how am I to approach him about this?
God Bless
I have a specific problem, and although I hesitate creating another thread about this topic, I would like some specific help.
My brother and I are two years apart; I am currently 19 and he is 17. When he was, I suppose, 12 or so, he started getting into pornography, and with that, I can assume Masturbation. Soon through a series of events my parents discovered his problem, and they punished him by grounding him, taking away computer privileges, increased chores etc. But they really never got into the heart of the problem.
SInce then, he has continued, and has been discovered by my parents on several occasions, and was subsequently punished. During this time, my parents went through a separation and divorce.
For a while now, I have suspected that he has been getting into this again, but I did not have proof, until this morning when I saw his internet history. Since he is looking at pornography, I can only assume other impure actions are being committed.
I want to tell my parents, as I have been the one of informing them on every other occasion, but I am not sure I should this time. They have to know he has a problem, but they are not dealing with it, they only punish him.
I would like to to talk to him as a big brother, who has gone through this kind of thing before, (not pornography but other acts of impurity), but the problem is that he and I don’t have a great relationship. It seems we have been at enmity since our birth. I really want him to live a life of purity, not traveling down these paths, but he doesn’t seem to care, and no amount of punishment seems to help.
Considering our rocky history, how am I to approach him about this?
God Bless