S
SpeakKindly
Guest
I get questions from someone who I talk about God with. They’re protestant, and I make sure to be polite and not talk too much about the differences in our beliefs. He doesn’t have issues with Catholics, at least not that I know of.
I’ll mention something like Lent, they’ll be confused. So I explain it and they ask what I do during that time, like other than just give stuff up. I say that people probably would pray, read the Bible, and in my Church pray the rosary.
Then they say "why do Catholics pray the rosary, don’t the beads mean something? " I try to explain the basics and they start getting distracted, or change the subject a bit.
Why do they ask things and just drop it when the conversation gets good?
I try to make sure to say that it’s about Jesus and stuff, trying to stop any chance of false stories about Mary worship some people are told popping up. I don’t think he’s been told anything like that though, so it probably comes off differently.
He’s polite about faith, but I’m unsure why there’s questions without a desire for an answer. Maybe they’re not too strong in their knowledge about their beliefs?
I’ll mention something like Lent, they’ll be confused. So I explain it and they ask what I do during that time, like other than just give stuff up. I say that people probably would pray, read the Bible, and in my Church pray the rosary.
Then they say "why do Catholics pray the rosary, don’t the beads mean something? " I try to explain the basics and they start getting distracted, or change the subject a bit.
Why do they ask things and just drop it when the conversation gets good?
He’s polite about faith, but I’m unsure why there’s questions without a desire for an answer. Maybe they’re not too strong in their knowledge about their beliefs?