Talking to my priest about my addiction

  • Thread starter Thread starter amazingcatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amazingcatholic

Guest
Hello,
As some of you may know, I have an addiction to pornography and I am not Catholic. I might have an opportunity in the next few weeks to talk to a priest friend of mine or the pastoral associate. I know them both very well and we respect each other a lot. I am so scared to bring up this issue with them. I don’t want to be judged or viewed differently. Any advice?
 
Last edited:
Start praying the rosary everyday and go to confession ASAP.

As for bringing up this problem you have to your friend, just be upfront about it. “I have a problem with looking at satan’s icons.” Most likely he is going to tell you to pray the rosary everyday.

t. Someone who beat his 16 year porn addiction by praying the rosary everyday.
 
Last edited:
I know of a priest who claimed that pornography is one of the most common sins whispered in his confessional.

Relax. Priests have Heard. It. All. They’re not there to judge you. They’re there to share God’s mercy and support you in your recovery.

God bless!
 
They will not judge you. I hope you find help to get through this.
 
You may also want to find an online support group or even possibly a counselor.
Addictive behaviors often have both a psychological and a spiritual component.
 
Priests aren’t going to do anything about stuff like that, God is all about forgiving people not slamming the hammer down.
 
Last edited:
I must have missed that part where OP said s/he was not Catholic. Regardless they should still talk to her Catholic priest and begome. Praying the rosary everyday will eventually lead to that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top