Teetotalism drugs and alcohol counseling

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaladinSword
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PaladinSword

Guest
What is the church teaching on this? I feel like even if I have two cups of cake I’m a moral degenerate. I also feel like I was spiritually abused by members of a certain temperance movement. I am studying to be an addiction counselor and it seems like in the field everyone is expected to have total abstinence. My mother and my Fiance both say there is nothing wrong with me but I have been recovering from scruples and an abusive former mentor who has spiritually and financially abused me. it just seems so grey an area. I know the bible has teachings about alcohol. I havent done anything illegal lately. when does one get out of the experimenting of youth and have a mature understanding of this? it just seems frustrating. I feel like even if I chose to be abstinent I’m either coerced or condemned for that as well.
edit
also I put Sake not Cake. and the misstep of autocorrect already makes me feel like a liar
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top