K
kalerumi
Guest
Hello everyone,
I thought this was the appropriate board for this message - please direct me otherwise if it’s not!
My fiance and I have both decided to enter the Church - his Presbyterian parents were not exactly excited, but they supported our decision. My parents however, are the senior pastors of a non-denominational church that is very well respected in our region, and are likely NOT going to take the news quite so well. . .they are by no means anti-Catholic, but I believe my father feels somewhat hurt that I have even been looking into converting to Catholicism. I could be totally wrong and they may just support us unconditionally with a party and all (
), but somehow I doubt this. . .does anyone have any advice on breaking the news to my parents? I’m not looking to tell them right away - this is definitely a wait-til-I-KNOW-it’s-time-announcement…but I get the feeling that one of them is going to bring it up when I arrive home for the semester break.
I thought this was the appropriate board for this message - please direct me otherwise if it’s not!
My fiance and I have both decided to enter the Church - his Presbyterian parents were not exactly excited, but they supported our decision. My parents however, are the senior pastors of a non-denominational church that is very well respected in our region, and are likely NOT going to take the news quite so well. . .they are by no means anti-Catholic, but I believe my father feels somewhat hurt that I have even been looking into converting to Catholicism. I could be totally wrong and they may just support us unconditionally with a party and all (