L
LindaSK
Guest
AJV,
Thank you for your post. The two biggest problems I have encountered in asking questions and searching for information, outside scripture and the CCC, is that knowledgeable Catholics tend to sometimes presume that we know, or should know, more than some of us do. I have to ask my priest to back up sometimes, but, God has graced him with great patience! Two years ago, I was clueless about the Divine Office, or Liturgy of the Hours, and had no idea as to what a breviary was. It was hard to find information at first, because I didn’t know how to spell ‘breviary.’ This was not a topic covered in RCIA.
When I look on the internet for various topics, I find conflicting information, even on ‘Catholic’ websites. I have learned that Catholic does not always mean ‘Catholic.’ I am constantly amazed even here on CAF that teachings that seem fairly straightforward are viewed differently by various Catholic posters.
Thank you for your post. The two biggest problems I have encountered in asking questions and searching for information, outside scripture and the CCC, is that knowledgeable Catholics tend to sometimes presume that we know, or should know, more than some of us do. I have to ask my priest to back up sometimes, but, God has graced him with great patience! Two years ago, I was clueless about the Divine Office, or Liturgy of the Hours, and had no idea as to what a breviary was. It was hard to find information at first, because I didn’t know how to spell ‘breviary.’ This was not a topic covered in RCIA.
When I look on the internet for various topics, I find conflicting information, even on ‘Catholic’ websites. I have learned that Catholic does not always mean ‘Catholic.’ I am constantly amazed even here on CAF that teachings that seem fairly straightforward are viewed differently by various Catholic posters.