W
Wm777
Guest
So… what’s the problem with tentationem?
The definition seems to vary… ranging from “temptation” to “test” or “trial”…
That’s pretty broad…
I went to Catholic high school, and we had tests all the time…
And - a warning - they even sell Devil’s Food Cookies in the vending machines in the cafeteria at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception… I had to complain because I was on a diet… had to do five laps around the Upper Church before mass to shed that temptation…
The trial definition… that makes a bit more sense… no one wants to risk going to jail… although - it seems the hard part is - the bad desire that constitutes a temptation occurs before commission of the dastardly deed…
So… hmmm… how to avoid all those occasions of sin?
The definition seems to vary… ranging from “temptation” to “test” or “trial”…
That’s pretty broad…
I went to Catholic high school, and we had tests all the time…
And - a warning - they even sell Devil’s Food Cookies in the vending machines in the cafeteria at the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception… I had to complain because I was on a diet… had to do five laps around the Upper Church before mass to shed that temptation…
The trial definition… that makes a bit more sense… no one wants to risk going to jail… although - it seems the hard part is - the bad desire that constitutes a temptation occurs before commission of the dastardly deed…
So… hmmm… how to avoid all those occasions of sin?