Texting While Driving Habit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dolphin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ball is in your court. Do you want to be free from this, or don’t you?
I don’t remember which saint it was (I’m thinking Augustine) that talked about how he prayed for God to change him only to silently add, “But, Lord, not yet.”
If you want to be free from this sin (because that’s what it is), then Christ will give you the grace to overcome it. Such great news!
But if you don’t sincerely want to be free from it, you won’t be.
 
Airplane mode. A quick message isn’t worth your life.

And think not of losing your life. Think about having to live the rest of your life knowing a careless accident took someone else’s life. That’s the part that scares me out of texting and driving.
 
At least wait until a stoplight. Having people honk at you when the light turns green and you are still texting is better than potentially killing somebody.

Please figure out something though…this is horribly dangerous.
 
Some people have an automatic hands-off system. Overall, a hands-off phone call while driving seems like a huge improvement over texting.
 
Simple. Think about how you’d feel if you ended up killing a child because you were texting instead of keeping your eyes on the road.

If that doesn’t stop you, I don’t know what will.
 
Overall, a hands-off phone call while driving seems like a huge improvement over texting.
Yes, but not answering until you’re off the road is even better. Even a hands-free call takes some of your attention away from driving.
 
Sometimes a good way to break a habit is for you to set a rule for yourself that you must do blank before you can, for example, check your phone. A while back, I told myself that I must say a whole rosary before I can watch anything on YouTube. If you were to instruct yourself that you must say a Hail Mary each time before you may touch your phone, it might make the urge to check it a little less sudden and, therefore, less strong.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top