That was a mortal sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter FelipePompeo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FelipePompeo

Hi,

I have a doubt whether what I did is a mortal sin or not. I was helping my brother with schoolwork and I had a moment of anger. My brother was in doubt about an issue and the teacher answered him rudely. I usually get angry at this kind of injustice. When I went to help him with another question, I saw that the teacher made a mistake and mentally commented “It seems that this teacher bought the diploma” (it was very fast, all out of my anger), but the problem is that when my brother came to me I said it out loud. When I realized what I said, I felt really bad.

Was this a mortal sin?

In Roman Catholic moral theology, a mortal sin requires that all of the following conditions are met:
  • Its subject matter must be grave. …
  • It must be committed with full knowledge (and awareness) of the sinful action and the gravity of the offense.
  • It must be committed with deliberate and complete consent.
If what you did doesn’t meet these requirements, you didn’t commit a mortal sin.
In other words, no

I am not sure why you would ask people you don’t know and have never met a question about moral issues. Most people in these forums have no particular training in moral law.

You need to take your question to your confessor - 1) he is trained in moral law and 2) if it is a sin (and I am not saying it is) then he can forgive that sin.

We can’t.

And if you have issues with scrupulosity, then you most definitely need to get off the internet and take your issues to your confessor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back