The antichrist...what is it?

• Thread starter Thread starter sarcophagus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sarcophagus

I don’t know what the antichrist is, though I do have an idea. Is ti supposed to someone in the guise of a holy man, such as a pope? or is it someone who is to rise against the pope and the church institution?
Thanks

40.png
sarcophagus:
I don’t know what the antichrist is, though I do have an idea. Is ti supposed to someone in the guise of a holy man, such as a pope? or is it someone who is to rise against the pope and the church institution?
Thanks
a major player in the Apostle John’s dream…

see the book of revelation, last book of the New Testament…

let me save you some time… the devil did it… 👍

probably the best source i can think of right now…catholic.com/thisrock/2003/0304bt.asp

40.png
sarcophagus:
Thanks
Hi sarchophagus, the Anti-Christ will be a great deceiver and persecutor of the Church. You can find it in the book of revelation. Some people believe he has yet to come and others believe he was already here.

Re: Anti-Christ

With information on Simon Birch’s book in mind. I heard about some Maria Esperanza’s prophecies and are they accepted by the church? I ask because the period of peace could very well be shortened. Things could happen in a very short period of time. Apparently she said that this would be the year of persecutiuon of Catholics and the coming of the Anti-Christ. Could somebody please sort this out. Thanks this site has been very helpful.

Padre Pio “Don’t worry, work and pray.”
bones_IVView Public ProfileSend a private message to bones_IVSend email to bones_IVFind all posts by bones_IVAdd bones_IV to Your Buddy List
http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/statusicon_cad/post_old.gif Today, 01:04 PM
Calbreese http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/statusicon_cad/user_online.gif vbmenu_register(“postmenu_321555”, true);

http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon1.gif Re: Anti-Christ
Bones, I researched and wrote a paper which is at the Vatican (ArchBishop Foley; Social Communications and Cardinal Schotte; Academy of Science). The RCC has told me it could be right. However, with predictions such as these, they like to let HisStory unfold. Basically, if you look at the Traditional Hebrew aphabet in Christ’s time, letters were used as numbers (like Roman Numerals). Today, in the Hebrew Alphabet a W represents a 3, 2000 years ago, it was a 6. It might have been what John the Seer saw as the only way to ID the Beast. John thought in Hebrew, but used Koin’e Greek to write Revelation. Just because it MAY be here now, and MAY be with man until Divine Intervention, certainly does NOT mean it will be unveiled anytime soon. You might ask, How can the www. be the Beast? After reading the paper, you will probably ask, How can it not be? IHS Daryl 661.703.4444

Hope this helps…Daryl

The Antichrist is the person foretold in Revelation that will betray and delude the Church.

I have read many quotes from the early Fathers of the Church, and they have different views on what form the anti-Christ will take. It could be a man, or materialism etc.
But it will come just before the end. And those days of his reign will be cut short, for the sake of the faithful. And the final judgement begins.

Well I doubt he’ll come this year. The Gospels haven’t been spread to everyone. So he’ll persecute the Church…is this The Church like the Catholic Church or just all of them.

40.png
BloodandFire:
Well I doubt he’ll come this year. The Gospels haven’t been spread to everyone. So he’ll persecute the Church…is this The Church like the Catholic Church or just all of them.
The devil knows where the truth lies. He will be venemous in his attacks on that Church.

the Anti-Christ and the Beasts are explained at www.istheBeast.com ccc:675 shows the Anti-Christ is an act or practice. Men are empowered by the WWW and please put Christ first. IHS Daryl

Ceaser Nero was considered the anti-Christ by many in the early Church. The number 666 was even changed to 616 in Latin to be accurate in the numerical value of his name.

The pope as the anti-Christ is a somewhat modern attempt by anti-Catholics to defame Christs body, His Catholic Church.

Many other names compute to 666. Check out the web sites dedicated to this. See if you can hear the theme music to The Twilight Zone on these first few sites:

bushisantichrist.com/
home.mcn.net/~willfree/coincidence/reagan.htm
jesus-is-lord.com/anti1.htm
remnantofgod.org/666-CHAR.htm
aloha.net/~mikesch/666.htm
%between%
Here are some more:
catholic-pages.com/grabbag/666.asp
catholic-teachings.com/?page=17
shasta.com/sphaws/vicar.html
catholicculture.org/docs/doc_view.cfm?recnum=3129
catholic.com/library/The_Antichrist.asp

Here’s what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says:
**The Church’s ultimate trial **
675 Before Christ’s second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.574 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth575 will unveil the “mystery of iniquity” in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.576
676 The Antichrist’s deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope which can only be realized beyond history through the eschatological judgment. The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism,577 especially the “intrinsically perverse” political form of a secular messianism.578
677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.579 The kingdom will be fulfilled, then, not by a historic triumph of the Church through a progressive ascendancy, but only by God’s victory over the final unleashing of evil, which will cause his Bride to come down from heaven.580 God’s triumph over the revolt of evil will take the form of the Last Judgment after the final cosmic upheaval of this passing world.581
574 Cf. Lk 18:8; Mt 24:12.
575 Cf. Lk 21:12; Jn 15:19-20.
576 Cf. 2 Thess 2:4-12; 1 Thess 5:2-3; 2 Jn 7; 1 Jn 2:18,22.
577 Cf. DS 3839.
578 Pius XI, Divini Redemptoris, condemning the “false mysticism” of this “counterfeit of the redemption of the lowly”; cf. GS 20-21.
579 Cf. Rev 19:1-9.
580 Cf Rev 13:8; 20:7-10; 21:2-4.
581 Cf. Rev 20:12 2 Pet 3:12-13.

A whole bunch of antichrists are in a large building in New York. Many flags are flown there, but there chief flag is blue and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back