The Apostolates of The Missionary Image and Jesus King of All Nations

• Thread starter Thread starter IrenkaJMJ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IrenkaJMJ

Has anyone heard of this apostolate? My mom is very interested in them, but I know nothing or know anyone else who’s heard of them. Here’s their website:http:// www.JKMI.com. I would appreciate any advice or (name removed by moderator)ut. Thank-you and God Bless.

IrenkaJMJ,

A friend of mine was a member of this group. I believe it was part of the “Blue Army”. Back in the early 90’s a group from the USA made a pilgrimage to Russia with the theme " Jesus, King of All Nations" in which they paraded a picture of “Jesus the King” and also took traveling Fatima statue.

I went back to the website and found this:

What: The Jesus King of All Nations Devotion is also derived from private revelations received by two American women. Their revelations confirmed one another. In humility they wish to remain anonymous. They are both under priestly spiritual direction.
Code:
 The Devotion is consistent with Scripture, Tradition and the Teaching Authority of the Church.  It has been granted the **Nihil Obstat ** which is a declaration by the Church that the  Devotion us free if doctrinal and moral error.  Bishop Enrique Hernandez Rivera, D.D. of Caguas, Puerto Rico said that he **"recognized the need to foster more devotion to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, True King of All Nations."**  He wished us **"all the best in your efforts of spreading the message of Christ to all who invoke Him by this title."**  Some of the revelations of this devotion occurred in Puerto Rico.
I’ve never heard of a devotion being granted a nihil obstat. So would that mean the devotion has some Church approval?

Dan Lynch has been down here to the Valley several times with the Missionary Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe (an exact replica of the original, its reproduction sanctioned by its guardians). The image is taken on pilgrimage to parishes, PTC, Holy Family Birthing Center, by pro-life advocates, and also to PP and abortion clinics as we pray the rosary and peacefully protest. Fr. Pavone has accompanied the pilgrimage and preached at parishes on at least one tour. I had the privilege of assisting providing with his meals and lodging, and am so grateful to have met and talked with him. He is not part of the MI organization, but graciously came to preach and teach on the occassion of the pilgrimage. The MI pilgrimage is endorsed and arranged with cooperation of the diocese, and its pro-life leaders, so that is good enough for me. Not familiar with the Jesus image.

In times past the presence of a nihil obstat was all you needed to know that the publication was faithful to the Magesterium. Sadly, these days this is not the case. The nihil obstat is only as good as the bishop issuing it.

My son bought a study bible with a nihil obstat from the Phillipines Bishops’ Commision. The commentary contained very dubious material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back