The Bible year?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

When I was a Protestant and using the ol’ KJV bible, my auntie told me that one could read through the entire bible (again KJV) in a year by reading three chapters a day. Now that the Deutercanonnical books are envovled, does anyone know how many chapters I would have to read a day to read the bible in a year? Thanks and God bless.

The Deuterocannonical books are:

Baruch
Judith
I Macabees
II Macabees
Sirach
Tobit
Wisdom

So, to do the math, look in your Catholic Bible to see how many chapters are in each of these books, add them, then divide by 365. That’s how many additional chapters you will have to read per day, in order to read the Bible in a year.

The Catholic Bible also has some additions to Esther and Daniel. I’m not sure if they result in additional chapters in those books, so beware that they might add a little to your total.

As a Catholic, you can also attend daily mass for three years, and the entire bible is read. Sundays, one reading is from the Old Testament, One from the New and the gospel is always taken from one of the four books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Each mass, a different psalm is either sung or recited as well.

During the weekday masses, one reading is done from either the New or Old Testament as a well as a psalm, and a Gospel.
However, the added benefit is you meet Christ in the HOly Eucharist…you get the word and the flesh at every Mass. What a bargain! One that can never be denied.

Our bible had a wonderful bookmark in it that read, “Each time a bible is opened, great wisdom unfolds.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back