The Big Jackpot

• Thread starter Thread starter BlueRain
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlueRain

Have you ever taken a quiet moment and pondered your existence? I’m sure all of us here have done that.

I used to think about the chances of me being born even when I was a child. It started when my mom was going to have a baby and I was full of wonderment. Would it be a girl? A boy? etc.

I mean think about it, if my parents never met, I would not have existed and so on.

But, the time I got really amazed was when my biology teacher was talking about genetic combinations. He asked us to do the math for one set of human parents and to calculate how many different genetic combinations could be produced for their offspring.

It was 64 trillion!..not million…not billion…but trillion! And that was just from one couple! I remember I was totally blown away and 1 thought…so the chances of me being born were 1 in 64 trillion…I had a better chance of winning the lottery a million times (…and getting struck by lighting from dancing in the rain of joy) than of being born.

It just made me grateful at that point to exist, to have had the chance to experience life, even with it’s sufferings and imperfections. Life is really so precious. It’s a thought that comes into my mind every so often and just fills me with awe and thank God.

Dear friend

Beautiful post.

The Miracle of Life…not a jackpot, not even co-incidence or a happy gamble, but life pre-ordained since the foundations of the earth …

‘I knew you before I knit you together in your mother’s womb’ (paraphrased, I think, as I struggle to remember)

Human life is no statistic, no happy chance, God knew you intimately before a single cell of you was created by Him and since the foundations of the world. To Him you have always existed since He had it in mind to create you and He always loves you.

He chose your parents for you and knew them in the same way as He knows you and each one of us. He knew your life and everything in it before you came into being, He knew the choices you’d make and just how much you would love and serve Him and despite all of our sins, He still created us. He upholds our fragile lives at every second and through the just, lives intimately within us and among us. He has never left us and never will.

That my friend, is LOVE. That is God’s Miracle of Life.

Thank you Lord for every life You have ever created.

Men play the game of odds and chance, but in Christ Jesus everything happens for a reason, has reason and has infinite reason, there is no chance, it is all meant to be as it is, every person created because God willed it.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Throughout different times in my life, I tried to imagine how far back in time I can remember. A few times my mind tries to go back SO far that then another thought goes through to me.

I can’t even imagine what things were like before I was born. No one remembers what you were doing before you were born, and then ‘you Just show up.’

That thought alone blows me away.
We come from Nothing, become Something and hopefully be Eternaly after Death with our Lord! What an AWESOME gift that God would create YOU! Yes YOU!

This is the BEST reason to fight against abortion and see that God’s glorious creation of life can exist for All Eternity.

40.png
Edwin1961:
Throughout different times in my life, I tried to imagine how far back in time I can remember. A few times my mind tries to go back SO far that then another thought goes through to me.

I can’t even imagine what things were like before I was born. No one remembers what you were doing before you were born, and then ‘you Just show up.’

That thought alone blows me away.
We come from Nothing, become Something and hopefully be Eternaly after Death with our Lord! What an AWESOME gift that God would create YOU! Yes YOU!

This is the BEST reason to fight against abortion and see that God’s glorious creation of life can exist for All Eternity.
Dear friend

My earliest memory in life is at the age of about two years old. My Dad sat me on a wall and gave me a red rose and took my photograph. I can remember him telling me to hold up the pretty flower. I’m sure seeing the photograph helped me keep this memory. But like you say at some point we can’t remember any further back, it’s a blank, we don’t remember the womb, we come from NOTHING forged from the Will of God and are created, should become Christ-like and live eternally.

Amazing! What a precious gift life is!

And as you say Edwin, here we are killing precious life whether in the womb, elderly or disabled etc. What genocide!

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friend

Beautiful post.

The Miracle of Life…not a jackpot, not even co-incidence or a happy gamble, but life pre-ordained since the foundations of the earth …

‘I knew you before I knit you together in your mother’s womb’ (paraphrased, I think, as I struggle to remember)

Human life is no statistic, no happy chance, God knew you intimately before a single cell of you was created by Him and since the foundations of the world. To Him you have always existed since He had it in mind to create you and He always loves you.

He chose your parents for you and knew them in the same way as He knows you and each one of us. He knew your life and everything in it before you came into being, He knew the choices you’d make and just how much you would love and serve Him and despite all of our sins, He still created us. He upholds our fragile lives at every second and through the just, lives intimately within us and among us. He has never left us and never will.

That my friend, is LOVE. That is God’s Miracle of Life.

Thank you Lord for every life You have ever created.

Men play the game of odds and chance, but in Christ Jesus everything happens for a reason, has reason and has infinite reason, there is no chance, it is all meant to be as it is, every person created because God willed it.

Teresa
I agree with you. At that moment not only was I in shock, but I got the feeling that “it was meant to be” that God had created me and had planned that out.

After all, even when identical twins are born, they are not identical “persons”. They have their own unique mind and soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back