The brown scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

• Thread starter Thread starter little_flower_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

little_flower_1

i’ve been thinking about getting a brown scapular and being invested with it (is that the right term?). does anyone here wear one? what have been your experiences with the devotion? anything i should keep in mind before doing it? can i just ask any priest to do it?

thank you,
and God love you,

Brenda

all Catholic children were routinely invested with the brown scapular years ago, usually at first penance, right before first communion. Today in every “gift set” for first communion you will still usually find a missal, rosary and scapular. Our priest blesses all those religious articles after their first communion Mass, including the scapular prayer. What I need to do is incorporate better catechesis on the scapular into the sacramental preparation program, the same as we do with the rosary.

Hello, little_flower,

I have worn this scapular now for several months and find the devotion beautiful. It is a constant reminder of the Blessed Mother. In answer to your question, yes, a priest can enroll you in this devotion. There are certain things he says and that you say in response. Then you are enrolled! Let us know if you decide to do so! Many blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back