The burden of truth

  • Thread starter Thread starter ontheway1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ontheway1

Guest
“…for the witnesses to truth had been a torment to the inhabitants of the earth.”

Does the Church still claim to be the custodian of truth? Does it have the wherewithal to propose truth to man?
 
I think the Church in the modern era has been more cowardly about the Truth. Does she still have the authority and responsibility to be the custodian of Truth? Sure. But does she exercise that in a clear and straightforward way? That time seems to have passed.
 
Catholic Radio host Al Kresta: “The Church is the greatest truth-telling institution in the world.”
 
Actor Al Pacino: " I always tell the Truth, even when I lie."

Just wanted a battle of the Al’s…
 
I believe that the Church still holds the truth and safeguards it in her teachings and Traditions. Unfortunately, the truth isn’t always taught or it is diminished because they are hard sayings.

We should never compromise what we know to be true.
 
"we need not be astonished that truth has ever been hated
by the powerful, and disdained among the clever. (Jean Danielou)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top