The Church and the Passion

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrs0

If the Church is currently going through the Passion of Christ as I’ve heard it suggested at what station are we at now?

http://www.olrl.org/pray/wayofcross/pics/10sta.gif TENTH STATION

Jesus is stripped of His Garments

V.
We adore Thee, O Christ, and we praise Thee.
R. Because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world.

Priest: Consider the violence with which the executioners stripped Jesus. His inner garments adhered to His torn flesh, and they dragged them off so roughly that the skin came with them. Compassionate your Saviour thus cruelly treated, and say to Him:

People: My innocent Jesus, * by the merits of the torment which Thou hast felt, * help me to strip myself of all affection to things of earth, * in order that I may place all my love in Thee, * Who art so worthy of my love. * I love Thee, O Jesus, with my whole heart. * I repent of having offended Thee. * Never permit me to offend Thee again. * Grant that I may love Thee always, * and then do with me what Thou wilt. *

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.

V.
Lord Jesus, crucified,
R. Have mercy on us!

Fac, ut ardeat cor meum
In amando Christum Deum,
Ut sibi complaceam.Make me feel as thou hast felt;
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ, my Lord.

Dear friend

Well no-one can say. If they offer an answer they are merely speculating. Though you are right, the Church and the world entire is entering into it’s final Passion as each of us do as we approach death and enter into the most sacred mysteries of the Passion.

No-one has the right to speculate, it is the human desire to have control over events that has led to the Passion of various individuals being controlled and even brought about by other people, this is a grave evil and a product of the culture of death.

Your question is interesting, but that is all that it is because until the very last hour, they will continue on as normal, marrying and giving in marriage, drinking and celebrating and the Lord will come like a thief in the night and many will be caught unawares, like the unwise virgins with no oil in their lamps.

It doesn’t take a wise man to read the signs of the times, it takes the eyes of faith to realise the signs before us and anyone who has the eyes of faith will see and the ears of faith will hear.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back