The Daniel Fast

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michael_Mayo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael_Mayo

Guest
This has been my life style except of a yogurt or whey protein supplement. And I don’t get too picky about what all is in baked goods. But I stay away from donuts and stuff like that.
I don’t think I need the supplements anymore. Plenty of protein in the plants really.

Anyone care to join me this week?

nutritionstudies.org/daniel-fast-applying-wholistic-nutrition/
 
Interesting. I’ll be doing a juice fast on Holy Thursday. If it goes well, I will try to do it again with 100% juice from vegetables. The one I’m going to do is half fruit, half vegetable.
 
Interesting. I’ll be doing a juice fast on Holy Thursday. If it goes well, I will try to do it again with 100% juice from vegetables. The one I’m going to do is half fruit, half vegetable.
That sounds cleansing. Will you be using a juicer? You might wan tot dilute a bit with water.
 
Yes it is cleansing. The premise of this is to only drink the juices and no solids whatsoever on that day. I do have a Hurom juicer, but for this 1 day cleanse, I’m ordering prepared juices. I believe they made use of pure fruits and vegetables without dilution.

Is dilution better or healthier?
 
Yes it is cleansing. The premise of this is to only drink the juices and no solids whatsoever on that day. I do have a Hurom juicer, but for this 1 day cleanse, I’m ordering prepared juices. I believe they made use of pure fruits and vegetables without dilution.

Is dilution better or healthier?
It is just gentler. I know when I juiced vegetables like beets…WOW! I only neede one forth of a beet.

Let me know how it goes.
 
Happy Easter!

On Holy Week Thursday I did drink the juices. At night I was worried that I might faint, so I ate some bread, but that’s about it. When I woke up the next morning Friday, I was dizzy and had difficulty walking straight. I drank some water immediately and made myself a cream cheese sandwich. My blood pressure is low and my blood sugar is too. I don’t know if it was wrong for me to do this juice fast. Anyhow, I’ve done it.

How was your Daniel fast?
 
Happy Easter!

On Holy Week Thursday I did drink the juices. At night I was worried that I might faint, so I ate some bread, but that’s about it. When I woke up the next morning Friday, I was dizzy and had difficulty walking straight. I drank some water immediately and made myself a cream cheese sandwich. My blood pressure is low and my blood sugar is too. I don’t know if it was wrong for me to do this juice fast. Anyhow, I’ve done it.

How was your Daniel fast?
I remeber fasting a weekend once when I was young and at a retreat. In the morning I didn’t think I was going to make it out of bed. I don’t think that is what god had in mind. the Daniel fast is something I am going to stay with. My body gets what it needs and yet there is still considerable discipline and penance.

forums.catholic-questions.org/showthread.php?p=12880951#post12880951
 
Moderation in all things. If you need protein, it is best to find good sources. Fish, eggs, and beans come to mind as protein sources. And there’s nothing wrong with a cheeseburger - once in a while.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top