The Five-Fold Scapular

• Thread starter Thread starter Greenscapular
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenscapular

What is the Five-Fold Scapular? Is it approved by the Pope? Do I have to be enrolled in each Scapular?
If so, can my parish priest enroll me in each Scapular?
If not, can my parish priest enroll me in the Five-Fold?

Can anyone provide me any additional information on the Scapular?

Also, do I have to follow the different obligations of each Scapular?

:confused:

Thanks,
Greenscapular

40.png
Greenscapular:
What is the Five-Fold Scapular? Is it approved by the Pope? Do I have to be enrolled in each Scapular?
If so, can my parish priest enroll me in each Scapular?
If not, can my parish priest enroll me in the Five-Fold?

Can anyone provide me any additional information on the Scapular?

:confused:

Thanks,
Greenscapular
Click Here for Answer to all your questions

40.png
Greenscapular:
Scapular?

You need to fulfill the obligations of whichever scapular in order to receive its particular graces. I believe you can still wear most scapulars as a sacramental even though you do not seek its graces. I think your priest needs to obtain authoriztion from the Marians to enroll in the Blue. Any priest can invest the Brown. Contact the Servite order about the black. Not sure about the others.

Scott

Thanks for the help Marie, Scott. 🙂
It sounds pretty tough to follow along with each one, I guess it would be better for me if a fulfilled the obligations of one devotion than take many up and leave them undone.
However, I continue to look in on it. I heard the 433 Plenary Indulgences attached to the Blue Scapular had been removed.

Yours in Christ,
Greenscapular

40.png
Greenscapular:
Thanks for the help Marie, Scott. 🙂
It sounds pretty tough to follow along with each one, I guess it would be better for me if a fulfilled the obligations of one devotion than take many up and leave them undone.
However, I continue to look in on it.

Yours in Christ,
Greenscapular
One thing you might do is try the obligations before enrolling. I am already enrolled in the Black scapular and for a long time thought about the Blue and have been doing the devotions for it for awhile and realized I can handle it.
I heard the 433 Plenary Indulgences attached to the Blue Scapular had been removed.
Or it is possible that it was a spurious claim to begin with, but I don’t know the history. The web page does not mention it: padrimariani.org/r_bluescapular.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back