The Fruits? of Feeney

• Thread starter Thread starter MrS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrS

I have been invited to meet with 2 nuns from a religious order supposedly started by the late Fr. Feeney of “No Salvation outside the Church” fame.

I have found no reference of his starting, or being allowed to start a religious order.

Any information or site to research will be most welcome.

Thanks and God Bless

MrS

Are these Nuns know as the Slaves of The Immaculate Heart of Mary? If they are, they are not reconcilled to the Catholic Church .🙂

40.png
Annunciata:
Are these Nuns know as the Slaves of The Immaculate Heart of Mary? If they are, they are not reconcilled to the Catholic Church .🙂
Don’t know, but I can find out…where can I get info on this order in the mean time?? Thanks for the quick response!http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

40.png
Annunciata:
Annunciata,

Blanket statements of non-reconciliation with respect to those associated with Father Feeney, memory eternal, should be avoided. The Slaves, as well as several other of the orders and institutions affiliated with or founded by Father Feeney have been regularized by and/or reconciled to the Church in the past couple of decades, although St. Benedict Center in Raymond, NH, which you linked to, is not among those.

MrS,

Here is a link to the
Sisters Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
, who are affiliated with St. Benedict Center in Still River, MA St Benedict Abbey - Still River, MA (as opposed to the unaffiliated, but similarly-named, institution in Raymond, NH). This order is in regularized canonical status with the Church (altho the NH organization may have a similarly-named group of religious affiliated with it).

If you can provide any additional detail on the Sisters with whom you are involved, I’ll attempt to verify their particular status.

Many years,

Neil

Irish Melkite:
Annunciata,

Blanket statements of non-reconciliation with respect to those associated with Father Feeney, memory eternal, should be avoided. The Slaves, as well as several other of the orders and institutions affiliated with or founded by Father Feeney have been regularized by and/or reconciled to the Church in the past couple of decades, although St. Benedict Center in Raymond, NH, which you linked to, is not among those.
Neil,
I knew and had the greatest respect for Fr. Feeney and I was around for the 'Pious Union" or his Reconciliation back to the Church in the 70s. However,there is/was another faction at Still River who to my knowledge did not reconcile… maybe these are those who left and went to NH. BTW the Abbey is only a few miles from me and I have frequently visited there in the past. We have taken our Confirmation class there for retreats. So please don’t feel that I was trying to cast a bad light on beloved Fr. Feeney…I was at one of the last Masses he celebrated, the Feast of the Annunciation… Annuciata:)

Annunciata,

Actually, I didn’t think you were trying to put down or disparage Father Feeney. Truthfully, I am not a big fan of his nor the doctrine of “Extra ecclesium”, but I am familiar with the Sister Slaves (Still Water group), who occasionally attend liturgical events at our (Melkite) Cathedral. My concern really is that a regularized entity not be confused with those who continue in a non-canonical status.

I am trying to track down the precise name difference between the MA and NH groups of religious (one or the other had, at least briefly, an institution in the mid-west as well). Any additional info that MrS can provide will assist in determining with just whom he has been speaking.

Many years,

Neil

Irish Melkite:
Annunciata,

Actually, I didn’t think you were trying to put down or disparage Father Feeney. Truthfully, I am not a big fan of his nor the doctrine of “Extra ecclesium”, but I am familiar with the Sister Slaves (Still Water group), who occasionally attend liturgical events at our (Melkite) Cathedral. My concern really is that a regularized entity not be confused with those who continue in a non-canonical status.

I am trying to track down the precise name difference between the MA and NH groups of religious (one or the other had, at least briefly, an institution in the mid-west as well). Any additional info that MrS can provide will assist in determining with just whom he has been speaking.

Many years,

Neil
One of my best friend’s children attended school there w/ those sisters and then went on to Trivium School in Lancaster. Thanks for the reply, Annunciata:)

I frequently go to the ‘Tridentine’ Mass at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel in Still River (ie. Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary), (www.saintbenedict.com) and can assure you that this group was ‘regularized’ by former Bishop Reilly about 3 years ago.
After I heard about the event I called Monsignor Stephen Pedone, diocesan judicial vicar and a canon lawyer for the Diocese of Worcester, MA (and friend) and asked him the status and if I could go to Mass there. He told me the whole story of how he and the Bishop went there for the ‘regularization’ (for lack of a better term( and I was assured that going to Mass there was fine.

40.png
Fred:
I frequently go to the ‘Tridentine’ Mass at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Chapel in Still River (ie. Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary), (www.saintbenedict.com) and can assure you that this group was ‘regularized’ by former Bishop Reilly about 3 years ago.
After I heard about the event I called Monsignor Stephen Pedone, diocesan judicial vicar and a canon lawyer for the Diocese of Worcester, MA (and friend) and asked him the status and if I could go to Mass there. He told me the whole story of how he and the Bishop went there for the ‘regularization’ (for lack of a better term( and I was assured that going to Mass there was fine.
Hi Fred.
We must be neighbors? This 'regularization" I’m not familiar with only the ‘Pious Union’ which took place in to 70s.
Yes it is fine to go there… only my husband won’t… ( an ultra liberal):eek: I loved Father Feeney and he was not the monster that he was made out to be either…check out this site for more info on him catholicism.org/about.html
God Bless, Annunciata:)

40.png
Annunciata:
Hi Fred.
We must be neighbors? This 'regularization" I’m not familiar with only the ‘Pious Union’ which took place in to 70s.
Yes it is fine to go there… only my husband won’t… ( an ultra liberal):eek: I loved Father Feeney and he was not the monster that he was made out to be either…check out this site for more info on him catholicism.org/about.html
God Bless, Annunciata:)
That website is run by a group still not in full union with the Church. They do have some good information though.
I live in Worcester, so I have a 20 mile ride to Mass each Sunday I go there.
Prior to the ‘regularization’ a few years ago, the Mass there was valid but considered ilicit (like SSPX).
I read the book about Fr. Feeney and the Boston Heresy Case and my opinion was that he should have been excommunicated. Not for his beliefs but for his disobedience. I may not hold to the rigorous interpretation of Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus that they do, but as the fomer canon lawer for the Worcester Diocese said, if you are going to excommunicate people for holding a too rigorous view then you need to excommunicate those who hold a too liberal view. For me, I believe what the Cathecism teaches and will leave it to God to sort out.
In Christ Crucified!

This thread is drifting into a banned topic, sedevacantism and is now closed.

God Bless,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back