The Gift of Faith

• Thread starter Thread starter springbreeze
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

springbreeze

Dear friends

Faith is a gift, does God give this gift to everyone?

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Probably not to people who despise Him, or are convinced they have no need of Him.

Dear friends

I asked a very learned person if God gave the gift of faith to everyone, I would have thought God would give the gift to everyone, but that they refuse it, accept it but do nothing with it or accept it and seek Him in faith, she said just plain no, not everyone gets the gift of faith.

I felt quite perplexed by that.

Any thoughts, answers, perhaps writings I can read on that.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

God loves every one of us. I’m sure He longs for everyone to have the gift of faith, but He does not force anyone or impose Himself on anyone.

From the Catechism, Section 160:
“Indeed, Christ invited people to faith and conversion, but never coerced them. ‘For he bore witness to the truth but refused to use force to impose it on those who spoke against it.’”

Section 162:
“Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man. We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to St. Timothy: ‘Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain persons have made shipwreck of their faith.’ To live, grow, and perservere in the faith until the end we must nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to increase our faith; it must be ‘working through charity’ abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of the Church.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back