The good Samaritan and heaven

• Thread starter Thread starter Cmc1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cmc1

I know the story is fiction but would someone like the good Samaritan go to heaven if someone not sure about God, did has God said gave to charity helped the poor, helped the sick (nurse and similar jobs) all there lifes and at times put lifes at risks and even some died doing it like it (covid 19 )would they go to heaven but the pope said to a child he’s dad didn’t believe in God but by baptism is children he would go to heaven

Last edited:
I know the story is fiction but would someone like the good Samaritan go to heaven if someone not sure about God, did has God said gave to charity helped the poor, helped the sick (nurse and similar jobs) all there lifes and at times put lifes at risks and even some died doing it like it (covid 19 )would they go to heaven but the pope said to a child he’s dad didn’t believe in God but by baptism is children he would go to heaven
Ultimately, we don’t know what their final destination will be. It’s not our call. We know that Baptism is required for salvation, but that God is not bound by his sacraments. Therefore, it is possible (though not guaranteed) that they’d go to Heaven.

However, it’s important to note that merely doing good deeds will not save a soul. The soul needs to go through a real transformation only possible through Jesus’ sacrifice. It’s theoretically possible that a non-believer could be saved through Jesus’ sacrifice while remaining a non-believer. But it is not guaranteed.

Last edited:
We need to go to the precise words that the Pope said to little Emanuele.

From them we see that the Pope does not make a theoretical discourse, but takes into consideration the concrete story of a father, starting from the words and feelings of the son.

It is from this concrete starting point, and obviously with the grace of God, that the Pope can say that that father is in Heaven.

Obviously it is not an infallible pronouncement, it is not a canonization, but I take it as valid.

Obviously it is not an infallible pronouncement, it is not a canonization, but I take it as valid.
Explain what you meant by “valid.” I trust you did not mean to say the Pope Francis knows that he is In fact in Heaven.

Last edited:
Valid, that is, true.

It being understood - I repeat - that the pronouncement is not infallible, as it would be in a canonization.

On the other hand, I also say of my parents that they are in Heaven, and I think I am making a valid statement, that is true, it being understood that my statement is not infallible.

Valid, that is, true
Then, how did Pope Francis come with the valid conclusion that the atheist father is in fact in heaven?

With respect to the free will which the atheist father had, he had already rejected God. Now, would God force Heaven upon the father who had wanted nothing to do with God Himself?

Last edited:
I repeat for the third time:

The Pope takes into consideration the concrete story of a father, starting from the words and feelings of the son.

It is from this concrete starting point, and obviously with the grace of God, that the Pope can say that that father is in Heaven.

Obviously it is not an infallible pronouncement

I have the Italian document and I didn’t found the English version

I repeat for the third time:

The Pope takes into consideration the concrete story of a father, starting from the words and feelings of the son.

Obviously it is not an infallible pronouncement
I also read you post for the third time.

First of all, no pope—including Pope Francis—can make any infallible statement other than in matters of faith and moral. Saying the atheist father is in Heaven or not can never be infallible.

Secondly, once a saint is canonized. The Church also declares that he/she is in Heaven. In this case, the atheist father has not been make a saint; nor a process for the cause of sainthood has started for him. Further, I am not aware of any canonized saint who is an atheist. Do you know of any?

Thirdly, how would Pope Francis know that the atheist father is in fact in Heaven? Does Pope Francis have power of knowing this thait we don’t know about?

Fourthly, the atheist father had already rejected God during his earthly life. With respect to free will, how would God force Heaven upon someone who had exercised their own free will to reject Him and to not want to be with Him? Does God reject free will?

Last edited:
Here, I found this, the translation is accurate, it’s all in the subtitles

Fourthly, the atheist father had already rejected God during his earthly life. With respect to free will, how would God force Heaven upon someone who had exercised their own free will to reject Him and to not want to be with Him? Does God reject free will?
People can convert at the moment of death. They may not be in a position to announce it to their family when this occurs. (E.g. comatose, etc.)

We have no way of knowing if the father did this or not, but I’m just saying it is possible for an atheist to accept God in the last millisecond before it’s too late, perhaps based on some supernatural encounter with God or an angel that occurs as he is beginning to die.

Last edited:
People can convert at the moment of death. They may not be in a position to announce it to their family when this occurs. (E.g. comatose, etc.)

We have no way of knowing if the father did this or not, but I’m just saying it is possible for an atheist to accept God in the last millisecond before it’s too late, perhaps based on some supernatural encounter with God or an angel that occurs as he is beginning to die.
I understood it under the context that the atheist father remained an atheist at the moment of his death. There was no evidence from the told story to indicate that he had a conversion. Nevertheless, if he did indeed have a conversion prior to his death, then certainly, he could be in Heaven with God now.

Last edited:
Forget the pope has a example .even if you has near to been a saint if your not baptised or 100 % belive in god no heaven ps its about my children’s not been sure about god or even believing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back