The Holy Innocents

• Thread starter Thread starter Catholic_Dude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catholic_Dude

The Holy Innocents

Today (Dec28) is the feast day of the Holy Innocents. The Gospel reading is from Matt2:13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there till I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.” 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt have I called my son.”

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men. 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah: 18 “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more.”
Today we recognize the Infants who were murdered in an attempt to kill our Lord. These first martyrs for our Lord are with Him in Heaven.

Also we remember the innocent humans murdered everyday by abortion and how we should stand up for human rights (especially children and elderly) and oppose the culture of death.

This feast day is a very old tradtion and is held by both Catholic and Orthodox.

Amen to that.http://forums.catholic-questions.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Catholic Dude said:
The Holy Innocents

Today (Dec28) is the feast day of the Holy Innocents. The Gospel reading is from Matt2:13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, “Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there till I tell you; for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.” 14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night, and departed to Egypt, 15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfil what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt have I called my son.”

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he had been tricked by the wise men, was in a furious rage, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region who were two years old or under, according to the time which he had ascertained from the wise men. 17 Then was fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet Jeremiah: 18 “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more.”

Today we recognize the Infants who were murdered in an attempt to kill our Lord. These first martyrs for our Lord are with Him in Heaven.

Also we remember the innocent humans murdered everyday by abortion and how we should stand up for human rights (especially children and elderly) and oppose the culture of death.

This feast day is a very old tradtion and is held by both Catholic and Orthodox.

Our pastor gave a wonderful, pro-life homily this morning. The Feast is also our son’s b-day (18 today!). —KCT

I love this feast day, but we had a funerl Mass instead of the regular liturgy. Oh well, at least we were able to pray for that man’s soul 🙂 Today is the Feast of the Holy Family, and two people came up to us after Mass and said we should have sat in the front to be a visual aid 😃 (my hubby is home and going to Daily Mass with my son and me this week!)

Innocent’s Song

Who’s that knocking on the window,
Who’s that standing at the door,
What are all those presents
Laying on the kitchen floor?

Who is the smiling stranger
With hair as white as gin,
What is he doing with the children
And who could have let him in?

Why has he rubies on his fingers,
A cold, cold crown on his head,
Why, when he caws his carol,