S
Sherry_G
Guest
You will not be able to become a Catholic unless you first find out what the Church teaches. I advise you to talk with a priest at any Catholic Church and ask him to direct you to some resources so you can learn more about it. There is no time frame for this, so you can go at your own pace. YOu could get a beginners book about our faith, or talk with someone who knows their own faith and is willing to share with you as your questions come up (trust me, there will be lots of questions.) You could ask about joining a class called RCIA. It lasts for close to a year and usually starts up a new one right after Easter. You will have lots of time to learn and then, you can make an informed decision about whether you want to become a Catholic or not. I hope this makes some sense to you and that you will consider it. Meanwhile, pray and meditate on the life of Jesus. He will help you.Again I need to ask.
I feel that I am a long way off become a Catholic. I sin still, though I feel the shame and guilt, it’s just common practice and hard to change the programming, within my mind. I can’t get my head around the concept of public worship and mass, because I believe worship could be done privately. I guess I can’t reach salvation and baptism, without actually being a believer, and becoming a Catholic but do you Catholics believe that with a rosary, a non-believer could begin to understand your Church and religion, if I begin praying like a Catholic and with a symbolic object such as the rosary?
Or am I being stupid?