The Holy Spirit and "Impossible" Conversions

• Thread starter Thread starter aaronjmagnan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aaronjmagnan

I have a friend who has invented his own religious outlook, picking and choosing from new age and mystical as well as ancient religions.

I at first avoided him in regards to my Catholic faith because I knew he had all of these ideas about Catholicism that we pretty offensive.

Eventually I started praying for my friend, and when he talked to me, no matter how irritating the question (you know…those pseudo-scientific assumptions that come from bad novels and conspiracy theory books…) I responded with what I knew from the Catechism and the Bible, and admitted when I didn’t know. I also didn’t pretend to shun the authority of the Church to appeal to him.

Long story short, the other day he said he might attend mass with me. Last night he asked to borrow one of my Bibles.

I know these ideas to defend the faith weren’t mine but through the Spirit, as professed by Christ when he tells the apostles not to worry what to say.

The conversion isn’t official yet, but the steps are happening.

Please pray for my friend and don’t lose hope on impossible conversions! The Holy Spirit can do anything, obviously.

God bless,
Aaron

Oh…pray for the conversion of all protestants too!

I’m praying for you and your friend… As well as the Prods. I’m not sure if I’m considered a Prod. haha I’m not Catholic though.

That may change soon. You may pray for me if you’d like. 😉
lovetony

Praise be God. Praise be His Holy Name. :bowdown2:

And kudos to you, Aaron for responding to the call of the Spirit and allowing Him to work through you. 👍

Your friend and all who do not believe are in my prayers.:gopray2:

I have a cool conversion story.

I was a big fan of professional wrestling growing up. My all-time favorite wrestler then, and even now, was Shawn Michaels. He just really enjoyed his job, was a great actor, had an awesome personality and charisma, and I just all out really thought he was cool.

There was the minor problem that he had no sense of morals. He was always talking about sex and sleeping around and other immoral activities. He was a party boy without any care.

Not wanting my favorite t.v. icon to be so lost, I began praying for him (as well as many others, I’m sure.) I just read a few months ago that he has recently become a born-again Christian! Now, I know that isn’t all the way to Catholic, but its still an amazing work of God from where he was before. His character on wrestling has likewise been changed. He remains as fun and charismatic as ever, but he has stopped doing or referencing any immoral behavior. His actions have always been uplifting since.

Praise be to God!

Josh

This is so inspiring! What an encouragement! God is good. It also goes to show that we don’t have to convert the person, just handle each situation as we are called to as it comes up, and God does the work of conversion. Its a little harder when we get in the way.

Yeah, it is inspiring to see all of this work going on. It’s almost as if half of our job is to pray, and the other half is to answer questions, or be inviting to others.

I guess Catholic evangelism is coming into a new phase. The protestants have a specific method of intimidation and logical games. It would be nice to simply speak the simple, humble, charitable truth and pray that the Holy Spirit does the rest.

Interesting about Shawn Michaels. That is a miracle.

God bless.
Aaron

40.png
threej_lc:

I was a big fan of professional wrestling growing up. My all-time favorite wrestler then, and even now, was Shawn Michaels. He just really enjoyed his job, was a great actor, had an awesome personality and charisma, and I just all out really thought he was cool.

There was the minor problem that he had no sense of morals. He was always talking about sex and sleeping around and other immoral activities. He was a party boy without any care.

Not wanting my favorite t.v. icon to be so lost, I began praying for him (as well as many others, I’m sure.) I just read a few months ago that he has recently become a born-again Christian! Now, I know that isn’t all the way to Catholic, but its still an amazing work of God from where he was before. His character on wrestling has likewise been changed. He remains as fun and charismatic as ever, but he has stopped doing or referencing any immoral behavior. His actions have always been uplifting since.

Praise be to God!

Josh
HBK isn’t the only one. Kurt Angle is extremely religious, not sure if he’s Catholic or not. I know he walked out of ECW during their “crucifixion” angle. Ted Dibiase is a die hard Christian as well as Sting. They converted the Road Warriors also, though Road Warrior Hawk’s previous lifestyle caught up to him.

40.png
threej_lc:

Praise be to God!

Josh
As a pro-wrestling fan - I’m a Rowdy Roddy Piper Girl myself - I think this is wonderful. Shawn is now in MY PRAYERS AS WELL>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back