The Holy Trinity

• Thread starter Thread starter Teresa9
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teresa9

Dear friends

I would be most grateful if any one of you or more could give me as much information on the Holy Trinity; biblical references to the Holy Trinity and Catholic doctrine and dogma, especially anything that explains the Holy Trinity.

Thank you so much in advance

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Well Teresa here is my best shot. Hope it helps!🙂

Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Bible

Trinity, The Holy

The mystery of the Trinity consists in this, that God being numerically and individually one, exists in three Persons, or, in other words, that the divine essence, which is one and the same in the strictest and most absolute sense, exists in three Persons really distinct from each other, and yet each really identical with the same divine essence. The Father is unbegotten, the Son begotten, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son as from one principle. Each Person is really distinct from the other, each is the true, eternal God, and yet there is only one God. We can understand how three individual men are distinct from each other and yet possess humanity in common. The unity of the three divine Persons is altogether different. When we speak of them as one God, we mean not only that each is God, but that each is one and the same God. This is the mystery of the Trinity, incomprehensible to any created intelligence.

The mystery is foreshadowed but not clearly revealed in the Old Testament (Gen. 1:26; 3:22; 11:7; Num. 6:23-26; Is. 6:1-9; etc.). It is only in the New Testament that it is explicitly proclaimed (Matt. 3:16; 10:20; 17:5; 28:19; Luke 4:18; John 3:35; 15:26; 2 Cor. 13:13; 1 John 5:7; etc.).

Dearest Toni

Thank you so much for your kind reply and help

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back