The Joy in Catholic faith

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CRATUS

Guest
I feel a little like Ecclesiastes. I think about God or morality a lot. Some people elect not or it is just not in their nature. Does that make me better or them worse? No. What is the point then? God loves us no matter what. Some people’s transgressions haunt them for years, for some, in a blink of an eye they forget. Who is better or worse? Neither. Some people are blessed with lovable personality, a beautiful face, others neither. God loves both. Some people’s bodies age very slowly. While others, look 30 by 18. There is no guarantee life will be better for me, whether or not I choose to follow Christ. There is always something wrong in this world, our relationships, I sin a lot (intentionally, unintentionally), others sin against me. Virtues are not easy to follow. God seems to be harsher on those He loves. Some saints lives are joyful while others are faced with constant suffering and oppositions. God loves both. Everything I do, say, etc is marred with sin and a form of vanity. This post as well. Where is the joy in being with connection to God? Seven great acts of charity, cannot make up for one mortal sin. Salvation can be easily lost.
If you are living your life comfortably, you are probably sinning.
Some people are prone to anxiety, depression, overthinking, overreacting,etc. Some people are lucky enough to be prone carefree, happiness, mild-mannered, rational thoughts.
 
No matter how ****** your life is, you must be appreciative of the little that God has given you. Do not envy, envy is a sin.
For some God expects a lot, for some God expects so little.
 
Some saints lives are joyful while others are faced with constant suffering and oppositions. …Where is the joy in being with connection to God? Seven great acts of charity, cannot make up for one mortal sin…
Saints are both joyful AND faced with constant suffering and oppositions.

‘Many sins were forgiven her, because she had loved much’ (Jesus in the Gospels).

If you love God (of which I am unsure) you need to become familiar with the gospels and the lives of the saints.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top