The Latin Mass Magazine

• Thread starter Thread starter Bud_Stewart
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bud_Stewart

I would like some information regarding The Latin Mass Magazine

I received, as I am sure many of you have, a complimentary issue of The Latin Mass Magazine. The magazine is stylistically very impressive and I thoroughly enjoyed the articles on Church History at the end of the Dark Ages. I also share the Editorial Staff’s reverence for the Latin Mass, but I don’t want to associate myself with a group that is even close with schism. I am not questioning the Publisher’s loyalty; I just experience an uneasy feeling reading the editorial columns.

Please advise.

Bud Stewart:
I would like some information regarding The Latin Mass Magazine

I received, as I am sure many of you have, a complimentary issue of The Latin Mass Magazine. The magazine is stylistically very impressive and I thoroughly enjoyed the articles on Church History at the end of the Dark Ages. I also share the Editorial Staff’s reverence for the Latin Mass, but I don’t want to associate myself with a group that is even close with schism. I am not questioning the Publisher’s loyalty; I just experience an uneasy feeling reading the editorial columns.

Please advise.
I received it too and I tossed it…I had some of the same feelings.

They may not be schismatic, but they are aggressively testing the definition. :twocents:

It is a great source of Bishop Sheen stuff…:yup:

If the articles make you think… good. If they make you dispise the church…not good. I don’t remember seeing any of the later.

If it only takes one “bad” or contraversial article to make you toss it, look out… This Rock, Envoy, and Crisis are all in trouble.

I liked this magazine when it first came out and then it started to go down hill. There were far to much apologetics for SSPX going on. It started looking more and more like a recruiting magazine for them. I finally had it when one article suggested that we only give money to Latin Mass only organizations including SSPX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back